Sunday, April 26, 2009

Jon: My kids

After our sabbatical in which we accumulated more than enough stories and information to share with everyone we're back.  To begin with, I'll start off with pictures of my students: 
Picture at top (from left to right): James, Joe, Janet and Wayne.  My intention was to have a Garth as well but I never got a new kid, however I'm still working on it.  Janet is a super sweet girl.  James and Wayne annoying but really funny while Joe is not exactly the brightest.  A funny story about the three boys is that during one lesson I introduce the new vocabulary word "alien" to them.  As they love to call each other "crazy" they took it upon themselves to combine each other's name with alien resulting in:  "Jalien" "Waylien" and "Jolien".


Picture on left (from left to right):  Lilly, Soby, and William.  This was one of my favorite classes.  There English is really good making for some really fun and interesting conversations.  Also, as a side note, Soby is the infamous "Big Cheese" student.  


Picture on left (from left to right):  Philip, Kevin, Jamie, Angela, and Sarah.  This class was probably one of the worst classes i've had.  They did nothing but complain, cry and lie.  Kevin cried whenever I wrote his name on the board making him my least favorite student of all time. 

Picture on top at the bottom (from left to right starting at the top):  Jina, Andy, Bickey, Adam, Brian, Haejoo, Andy Kim, and James.  This class was a great class with great stories.  I have an entire post ready for a good one with Andy Kim as it is slightly lengthy.  

Picture on the bottom (from left to right starting at the back):  Kevin, Pete, June, Rachel, Alice, Anne, Annie, Christina, and Jennifer.  This class was a fun class although annoying and stressful at times as they continually undermined me.  A classic example of their undermining was when anyone was about to lose stamps I would give them a "last warning".  Despite this threat, many of them thought it amusing and whenever one student was bothered by another they would plead with me to give instigator a last warning which in turn immediately resulted in an uproar with the rest of the class.  Chanting would then follow:  "LAST WARNING, LAST WARNING!"

No comments: